Тениски в akulataflyfishing.com

Бръмбари в akulataflyfishing.com

Сухи мухи в akulataflyfishing.com

Силикони в akulataflyfishing.com

Akulata.com - Fly Fishing In Bulgaria

Форумът за мухарски риболов в България
Дата и час: Чет Мар 28, 2024 10:29 am

Часовете са според зоната UTC + 2 часа

Напиши нова тема Отговори на тема  [ 18 мнения ]  Отиди на страница 1, 2  Следваща
Автор Съобщение
 Заглавие: Chub flyfishing!
МнениеПубликувано на: Пон Авг 22, 2005 5:28 pm 
Forum Admin
Аватар

Hi, eugen,
May I ask about the flyfishing of chub in your country?
Rivers, lakes, artificial ponds, do you go there for cathing chubs?
What kind of flies do you use?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards!

Rado

Последна промяна akulata на Вто Авг 23, 2005 12:06 pm, променена общо 1 път

Върнете се в началото
 Профил  
Отговори с цитат  
 Заглавие:
МнениеПубликувано на: Вто Авг 23, 2005 10:43 am 

I am not qualified to fully answer your questions, as I told you I'm a greenhorn in flyfishing. I can tell you what worked for me but that does not mean I'm an expert. I have friends that are much better and experimented in chub fishing.

Anyways, I did had lots of them chubs with foam bugs and foam or deer hair crickets, also classic dries (adams, comparadun, parachutes and the fly I love most, a quill body red hackle klinkhammer or black body yellow ribbing).

Also wet flies work, I know that in the north of the country they are the only kinds of flies they use. I tried and did catch some on spiders and large sinking flies with peacock body and soft partridge hackle and also very well with a bee larva made from wool, red hen hackle, gold ribbing. Red tags and baxman also are good. They worked good in a river just let them drift with the current, and I catch also in lake but they need to be animated, just like streamers only slower.

Nymphs also work, but that I could not see for myself. Streamers (clousers, daces and mathukas) also work when they are not in the surface. I fish mainly a man made lake and the best approach is to put the fly 1m from the bank, casting from far away so they do not see you. With any dry you place near one of them you catch a fish this way, it's very easy and works great, much much better than spinning.

I am sorry but I do not have a camera and I need to find a friend who has it in order to show you pictures with my flies. But I hope you've got a pretty good idea.

maybe it is better to change the name of this topic into chub fishing only, so you can write too about chub fishing. I am very interested to know what kind of flies you use. I've seen on an american website some those pictures with your friend with huge chubs caught with nymphs. now, of course, I really need to know what kind of nymphs and presentation did he used. :)

Върнете се в началото
 Профил  
Отговори с цитат  
 Заглавие:
МнениеПубликувано на: Вто Авг 23, 2005 4:52 pm 

I can see you guys are quite shy with info too...

Върнете се в началото
 Профил  
Отговори с цитат  
 Заглавие:
МнениеПубликувано на: Вто Авг 23, 2005 5:38 pm 
Аватар

Hi Eugen !
Here: http://forums.akulata.com/viewtopic.php?t=978

the topic is: "Proven flies for chub" :wink:

It's in Bulgarian, but there are allmost only pictures :lol:

You can go here: http://forums.akulata.com/viewforum.php?f=39

and watch all topics.. The pictures speak enough :wink:

Върнете се в началото
 Профил  
Отговори с цитат  
 Заглавие:
МнениеПубликувано на: Вто Авг 23, 2005 5:55 pm 

okay. thanx! nice pix.

here are 2 of my own, one with an aspius caught just next to ruse last year, another with the pearch I kept for my cats this sunday, there were many more. hope they load so you can see, I am not so sure I know how to post a picture.

Изображение

Изображение

Върнете се в началото
 Профил  
Отговори с цитат  
 Заглавие:
МнениеПубликувано на: Вто Авг 23, 2005 5:58 pm 

of course, it didn't work. lol. just go on the links to see the pics.

Върнете се в началото
 Профил  
Отговори с цитат  
 Заглавие:
МнениеПубликувано на: Сря Авг 24, 2005 8:26 am 

yes, you are right. :)

Върнете се в началото
 Профил  
Отговори с цитат  
 Заглавие:
МнениеПубликувано на: Сря Авг 24, 2005 10:10 am 
Forum Admin
Аватар

Hi, eugen,
I am sorry I did not wrote just after you, becouse I have a lot of work to do instead...
About flyfishing of chub here in BG
I go for chubs at rivers, ponds, lakes and chanels...

to artificial ponds
http://akulata.com/izlet_8.html
http://akulata.com/izlet_15.html
lakes
http://akulata.com/izlet_13.html
I go fishing for chubs through the winter
http://akulata.com/Izlet3.html
http://akulata.com/Izlet_4.html
http://akulata.com/izlet_5.html

I go fishing through the spring
http://akulata.com/izlet_7.html
through the fall
http://akulata.com/izlet_1.html

I use any kind of flies:
foam wasps, beatles, ants
Dry flies imitating mayflies, cadislflies...
Also their nympsh

I use the same tactic as you fishing in ponds, to cast the fly near the ponds bands with heavy fall, bumbing the surface...

I am very interested in these flies you said:
Цитат:
quill body red hackle klinkhammer or black body yellow ribbing

Please, tell us some more about them, or if you can show us some pictures of them.

The fly that Pavlin Simenov used to cath those crocodiles chubs, are foam flies and hares ear nymphs.

Best regards!

Rado the Shark

Върнете се в началото
 Профил  
Отговори с цитат  
 Заглавие:
МнениеПубликувано на: Сря Авг 24, 2005 10:26 am 

tonite or tommorow I'll go catch some chubs on several ponds near bucharest (frankly I am more excited to get a second try for those carps there). I will go with a friend who has a digital camera. You'll get to see the flies I use.

Besides the klink (emergers, actually) and the streamers I use the same kind of foam bugs and dries, but I couldn't get any with nymphs. I must give a try to your patterns. In case you are interested, in Ro the experimented fly fishermen use only montana nymphs.

tight lines

Върнете се в началото
 Профил  
Отговори с цитат  
 Заглавие:
МнениеПубликувано на: Сря Авг 24, 2005 10:46 am 
Forum Admin
Аватар

eugen написа:
tonite or tommorow I'll go catch some chubs on several ponds near bucharest (frankly I am more excited to get a second try for those carps there). I will go with a friend who has a digital camera. You'll get to see the flies I use.

Besides the klink (emergers, actually) and the streamers I use the same kind of foam bugs and dries, but I couldn't get any with nymphs. I must give a try to your patterns. In case you are interested, in Ro the experimented fly fishermen use only montana nymphs.
tight lines

I will wait for the pictures with interest.
Thanks for that montana nymph, I actually have never tried it, but soon will do it.
Here you can see my most efective for chub

Изображение

Best regards!

Rado

Върнете се в началото
 Профил  
Отговори с цитат  
 Заглавие:
МнениеПубликувано на: Сря Авг 24, 2005 11:03 am 

I've just got a private message from Rado with the rules of the forum. I understand I have ofended some of you with the photo with the pearch on the ground.

This is a very short explanation: that day I got more than 100 of pearch, those where just a small part I kept for my 5 cats. Yes, I have 5 cats and a dog and sometimes I bring them food.

I never never keep big fish for the cats because I don't like to loose time cleaning fish for them. I only fish in weekends for 3-4 hours a day and that's all. Also, I don't eat aspius, chubs, trout, pikes and no other fish with the exception of zanders, they always get away alive and well. that is just to underline a very simple fact: I fish for fun and that's it.

Anyway, releasing fish is my choice, I don't brag about catch & release and I think it is a very personal choice. I do have friends who do not release fish, I've tryed to talk them into doing what I do and it doesn't work. They are still my friends and I won't judge them anymore. I am now a true believer that everybody should do exactly what he wants and I don't care anymore. Eventually they all turn to sport-fishing.

The reason I am writing this is because I simply can't stand being taught how to fish and act, I fish with artificial lures only for many many years and I practice what they call today no kill since I was a kid (I am turning 30 this year). So you guys should ask first before you blame someone, even with the mind.

On the other hand, I too have experience with internet fishing websites, including the bigger in my country, that I started to hate now just because people won't learn that fishing is fun and it's actually a cool thing that we all act and think differently. I don't write there anymore.

Let me tell you one thing guys, it doesn't pay to act as more catholique than the pope. people who use the internet to educate themselves are to be encuraged, not scared away by cold, unfriendly attitudes. Nobody likes to be judged and they are right to feel so. The reason sites such as this exist is to make our sport more popular in the first place, and in many cases it happens just the opposit.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am actually having fun on your website, I've got to meet nice people. I just hope there aren't so many communication problems as everywhere else. (minus UK websites, as english always seem to see things as they are).

Rado, thank you very much for telling me how things were. I do hope it's all clear now.

good luck.

Върнете се в началото
 Профил  
Отговори с цитат  
 Заглавие:
МнениеПубликувано на: Сря Авг 24, 2005 1:34 pm 
Forum Admin
Аватар

eugen написа:
I've just got a private message from Rado with the rules of the forum. I understand I have ofended some of you with the photo with the pearch on the ground.

This is a very short explanation: that day I got more than 100 of pearch, those where just a small part I kept for my 5 cats. Yes, I have 5 cats and a dog and sometimes I bring them food.

I never never keep big fish for the cats because I don't like to loose time cleaning fish for them. I only fish in weekends for 3-4 hours a day and that's all. Also, I don't eat aspius, chubs, trout, pikes and no other fish with the exception of zanders, they always get away alive and well. that is just to underline a very simple fact: I fish for fun and that's it.

Anyway, releasing fish is my choice, I don't brag about catch & release and I think it is a very personal choice. I do have friends who do not release fish, I've tryed to talk them into doing what I do and it doesn't work. They are still my friends and I won't judge them anymore. I am now a true believer that everybody should do exactly what he wants and I don't care anymore. Eventually they all turn to sport-fishing.

The reason I am writing this is because I simply can't stand being taught how to fish and act, I fish with artificial lures only for many many years and I practice what they call today no kill since I was a kid (I am turning 30 this year). So you guys should ask first before you blame someone, even with the mind.

On the other hand, I too have experience with internet fishing websites, including the bigger in my country, that I started to hate now just because people won't learn that fishing is fun and it's actually a cool thing that we all act and think differently. I don't write there anymore.

Let me tell you one thing guys, it doesn't pay to act as more catholique than the pope. people who use the internet to educate themselves are to be encuraged, not scared away by cold, unfriendly attitudes. Nobody likes to be judged and they are right to feel so. The reason sites such as this exist is to make our sport more popular in the first place, and in many cases it happens just the opposit.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am actually having fun on your website, I've got to meet nice people. I just hope there aren't so many communication problems as everywhere else. (minus UK websites, as english always seem to see things as they are).

Rado, thank you very much for telling me how things were. I do hope it's all clear now.

good luck.

Hi, eugen, I think the same way like you about all you say above.
It seems we are from one breed and I am really happy to find and get friendship with people like you.

Best regards, man, and do not bother about anything here...

You can rely on me any time you need!

Rado

Върнете се в началото
 Профил  
Отговори с цитат  
 Заглавие:
МнениеПубликувано на: Сря Авг 24, 2005 1:53 pm 

ok rado.

thanks for the nymphs pattern. I'll tie some and give it a try these days.

I look for info on the net for the klinkhammer fly, so you don't have to wait for my photos. here it is, with the receipe to tye it:
http://www.rackelhanen.se/eng/10109.htm

it is a very very good fly, my favorite for still water. it looks just like that in the photo. For chub I use a version with a body made from redquill and another one with black dubbing/yellow ribbing.

Thorax is made from peacock hearl, hackle is brown for the first version, grizzly for the second one. I don't have any idea about what it imitates, but it works.

Върнете се в началото
 Профил  
Отговори с цитат  
 Заглавие:
МнениеПубликувано на: Чет Авг 25, 2005 10:48 am 
Forum Admin
Аватар

eugen написа:
it is a very very good fly, my favorite for still water. it looks just like that in the photo. For chub I use a version with a body made from redquill and another one with black dubbing/yellow ribbing. Thorax is made from peacock hearl, hackle is brown for the first version, grizzly for the second one. I don't have any idea about what it imitates, but it works.

Hi, eugen
yes it seems the fly is killing one. And the way you remake it is good too. I am interested to see a picture of your variation.
I made not long ago, a pattern wich is combined betwen the klinkhammer and mayflyemerger, you may look here step-by-step:
http://akulata.com/april.html

It works very well for me either for chub and trout.

We do not know what will be if we do not try to make some fly, which is flying in our minds, and to fish with it. The result will prove its effect.

Best regard!

Rado

Върнете се в началото
 Профил  
Отговори с цитат  
 Заглавие:
МнениеПубликувано на: Чет Авг 25, 2005 11:03 am 

I think the same!

your fly lools cool. I make a quill body variant because it floats longer, I also don't add a tail, I hate tails. lol

Последна промяна eugen на Вто Окт 11, 2005 7:15 pm, променена общо 1 път

Върнете се в началото
 Профил  
Отговори с цитат  
Покажи мненията от миналия:  Сортирай по  
Напиши нова тема Отговори на тема  [ 18 мнения ]  Отиди на страница 1, 2  Следваща

Часовете са според зоната UTC + 2 часа